Windows Based Office PC
New PC with Windows 7
Over the weekend we setup a custom built office computer for Neurology Clinical Research. It needed to replace a Study Coordinator’s aging computer and still provide the same functionality as before. The new Windows PC is quite the upgrade from before featuring a Dual Core Intel G850 CPU running at 2.9GHz. Plenty of power for running Office and several Webpages at the same time.
The setup also included:
- data migration (transferring documents and settings from the old computer to the new one)
- Installing Network Shares
- Installing Network Printers
- Setup of Email like Outlook and shared Office Calendar
- Transfer of Internet Favorites
To see the installation and the computer, check out the gallery:
Just heard from the client, as you can see in the email below, they are very happy!
Get Ready for Black Friday!
Everyone knows the day is coming. The lines, the waiting, the foot pain and not to mention the pain in your… wallet. What this guide hopes to accomplish is to help you get the shopping done as easy as possible by using simple methods and tools. I know some of you are veteran shoppers but there are some new tricks that can help you get a leg up.
Black Friday Lists
Make a list of people you want to gift and what you want to get them. You can use Evernote, Word, One Note or a PostIt. Just get the information down so you can stay on track and within budget. Also add alternatives to the list for people asking for popular things…
Use Social Media for Black Friday Sales
Like your target store’s Facebook page and follow them on twitter for exclusive deals.
You can Like a store’s Facebook Page or follow them on Twitter to get exclusive deals. You can follow websites like: www.retailmenot.com or www.slickdeal.net for heads-up info on leaked Black Friday ads. (Just don’t install any toolbars!) Subscribe to your favorite store’s mailing list too! *If any of the deals use a promo code make sure you add the promo code to your list so you can use it at check out.
Black Friday Technology
Download coupon apps to keep track of BF Deals.
Use that smart phone or laptop to your advantage! You can shop from home in the middle of the night, nab coupons and promos on your smartphone with Fat Wallet for iPhone or The Coupons App on Android. When shopping online, make sure you already have an account at the store’s website before Black Friday. Trust me, these sites will be slammed Thursday night / Friday morning and creating you account ahead of time will help speed the process. You should even consider going as far as saving your payment information. Services like Amazon’s One-Click are perfect for this…
Guerrilla Warfare: On Foot, on the Front Lines
For the brave souls who go to the brick and mortar stores make sure you print out any coupons, save the coupons on your smart phone or use the before mentioned coupon apps. Make sure you get a good night rest and wake up early as many sales end by noon. Finally, don’t be afraid to try out smaller retailers: Less shoppers may use them, allowing them to keep a better inventory…
Avoid Black Friday Traps
- When making a purchase make sure you know if any “Special Rules” apply to products purchased on Black Friday. Things like return policies can be changed for Black Friday…
- Avoid scams on email and Facebook. If it sounds to good to be try IT IS!
- Be patient! Last year at 11:55 pm on the Eve of Black Friday I had all of my promo codes ready, my shopping cart full and my account ready. At 12:00 AM I clicked on purchase and 30 MINUTES later the website’s cart finally processed my order. So many people were online making their order at the same time the website was overwhelmed.
- So be patient if this happens, remember you are sitting in the comfort of your home and not in line with numerous strangers so rejoice!
Hey! What about Cyber Monday? More on that later…
Attention all U.S. Veterans! For the week of November 12th to the 19th HighCaliber Computers is offering a discount of $20 on labor to all U.S. veterans who qualify.
*How do you qualify? Show us your Form DD214, Discharge Papers or a photograph of you in service. We’ll also accept current military IDs!
Thank you for serving YOUR Country!
HighCaliber Computers, Inc. 954-599-7496